ISO 29990 sets out the criteria for a Quality Management System standard for providers of education and training services. ISO 29990 provides a unified standard for learning service providers, including corporations, vocational institutions, and life-long learning centre, around the globe. It promotes the design of suitable services & evaluation of learning results.
The aim of ISO 29990 is to provide a generic model for quality professional practice and performance for learning service providers (LSPs) in the development and delivery of education, training.
The standard follows a process-based structure to ensure its implementation leads to continual improvement. The standard’s ultimate aim is assuring the implementation of high-quality tutorial programmes and processes.
Requirements of Standard
This standard has clauses as follows:-
- Terms & Definitions
- Learning Services
- Determining Learning Needs
- Design of Learning Services
- Provision of Learning Services
- Monitoring the delivery of the Learning Services
- Management of the Learning Service Provider
- General Management Requirements
- Strategy & Business Management
- Management Review
- Preventive Actions & Corrective Actions
- Financial Management & Risk Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communication Management (External/Internal)
- Allocation of Resources
- Internal Audits
- Feedback from Interested Parties
BENEFITS of ISO 29990:2010
Advantages for Learning Service Providers :-
- Outstanding performance during tendering work from official bodies.
- Globally marketability.
- Enhancement in internal quality potential.
- Transparently defined & documented processes.
- Enthusiastic and active trained experts participation in the development.
- Work on (PDCA) Cycle.
Advantages for Learner :-
- Adequate resources, including trainers with suitable competence, infrastructure and learning environment.
- Evaluating criteria for Education.
- Advanced & Authentic processes.
- Transparency/comparability of services.
- Assuring quality, transparency and comparability in educational institutions.