Registration Assessment ISO 20000-1
ISO 20000-1 is a service management system (SMS) standard. It specifies requirements for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve an SMS. The requirements include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to fulfill agreed service requirements.
ISO 20000-1 can be used by:
- An organization seeking services from service providers and requiring assurance that their service requirements will be fulfilled;
- An organization that requires a consistent approach by all its service providers, including those in a supply chain;
- A service provider that intends to demonstrate its capability for the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services that fulfill service requirements;
- A service provider to monitor, measure and review its service management processes and services;
- A service provider to improve the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services through the effective implementation and operation of the SMS;
- An assessor or auditor as the criteria for a conformity assessment of a service provider's SMS to the requirements in ISO 20000-1
- It increases responsive to services provided by IT service providers
- More opportunities to improve the efficiency, reliability and consistency of IT services impacting costs and service.
- Provides a benchmark type comparison with best practices and a fundamental shift to pro-active rather than re-active processes
- Gives you the ability to select and manage external service providers more effectively.
- Supports 'interchanging' of service providers and staff by virtue of the creation of inter- enterprise operational processes.
- The certification process can reduce the amount of supplier audits, thereby reducing costs.
- Certification audits enable the regular evaluation of the service management processes, which helps to maintain and improve effectiveness.
ISO 20000-1 certification involves a two-stage audit process for certification:
Stage 1 is a preliminary, informal review of the ITSMS, for example checking the existence and completeness of key documentation
Stage 2 is a more detailed and formal compliance audit, independently testing the ITSMS against the requirements specified in ISO 2OO00-1. The auditors will seek evidence to confirm that the management system has been properly designed and implemented, and is in fact in operation (for example by confirming that a management body meets regularly to oversee the ITSMS).